Thursday, January 28, 2010

Have you ever tried yoga?

Have you ever tried yoga?

For a long time I always thought yoga was some easy (read-->boring) exercise that doesn't really help you lose weight but was only good for "breathing and relaxing".

Boy was I wrong!

My first experience with yoga -- "fat-burning" yoga -- to be precise, was this past Wednesday. And, WOW...I'm sore! The funny thing is that I thought that my arms and legs were going to be the most sore the next day. I was very surprised when I woke up with sore abs. My mid-section was sore in muscles that I didn't even know existed until now!

One of my co-workers (the one who got me started on Weight Watchers) started "Winter Workout Wednesdays" at work. Fat-burning yoga was the first in the series. She broke out the DVD by Bob the trainer from the Biggest Loser. That should've been my first sign of the pain to come! But, I thought, it was Bob...It's not like it's Jillian Michaels...Oh, I underestimated Bob alright! He may seem like Mr. Nice Guy on Biggest Loser. But that he AIN'T. He talks a good game like he's being all nice while telling you to "hold...hold" this position or that position while my muscles scream at me to "let go!", "let go!".

You know the funny part of all this is that I actually ENJOYED it. I felt stronger. I felt like I wanted to be able to do all the moves if given the chance. Unfortunately, we're not continuing this workout every Wednesday during "Winter Workout Wednesdays". So, instead I'm considering either a) purchasing the Biggest Loser DVD for myself to use at home and/or b) taking a yoga class at the YMCA (where I'm already a member and workout regularly).

My co-worker said that she would take suggestions for future classes. So, I plan to bring the 30-Day Shred DVD by Jillian Michaels that I'd gotten for Christmas. I'll let you know how that goes...

Next Wednesday is walking. Now THAT I can handle...

No comments:

Post a Comment