Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Twilight

Yes, I've caved.

One of my friends lent me her "Twilight" paperback book.

What can I say? I'm curious what all the hype is about.

I was curious about all the hype surrounding the Harry Potter series, too. But, I actually was not curious enough to want to read the books (blasphemy in some circles...I know!).

Anyway, I'm not too far into the book and can understand how people can get sucked into it easily. The problem I have right now is that I'm realizing I'm a 30-some-year-old married mother reading a vampire/love story between TEENAGERS. That's the hard part for me to get past. LOL ;)

What's funny is that people act like this whole "fascination" with vampires is a new phenomena for teens. Come on! Truth be told...I already went through my vampire craze phase as a teenager. Can we say "Anne Rice"?!?

So, I DO understand the draw. Been there, done that. Although, what's interesting with this "new" vampire craze these days is that the characters are actually age appropriate for teenagers whereas I used to lust after older actors such as Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise (apparently, so did Katie Holmes for the latter...LOL) a la "Interview with a Vampire" movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment