Monday, June 7, 2010

Physical therapy

Today was my first physical therapy appointment for my shoulder injury from the car accident.

The good news is that I have good range of motion. So, the shoulder itself seems fine.

The bad news is that it seems that I have nerve damage. That explains the numbness. The physical therapist thinks that since I'm young (yay!) I should recover from this injury. It will just take some time to heal - maybe 6 - 8 weeks. So, I have to go to physical therapy 2 - 3 times per week.

The physical therapist gave me some exercises to try at home. And, he also used some sort of heat therapy on my neck/shoulder. The heat therapy really felt relaxing. I didn't realize how tense my neck and shoulder were until doing those exercises and getting the heat therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment