Friday, June 4, 2010

Minivan accident

Well, many of you know this and some may not...

My family was in a car accident on Sunday, May 23rd. A teenager ran a stop sign and plowed into the left side of my beautiful metallic dark blue 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport. My husband was driving. I was riding in the front passenger seat. The boys were in the middle seats. My husband's parents were in the back. By some miracle everyone was able to walk away from the accident, albeit with some injuries. I have a sprained shoulder. I had to take 5 days off from work to recover sufficiently to return to work this past Tuesday. I'm still on muscle relaxants and pain relievers. And, I start physical therapy next week. My mother-in-law had to be transported to a local hospital due to some chest pains/side pain. They kept her overnight for observation. She's now starting physical therapy for her left shoulder and chest. My hubby had multiple large bruises and abrasions on his arms in addition to being really sore. The boys were completely unharmed thanks to those wonderful car seats!! I'll NEVER complain about using car seats, again. My father-in-law had no reported injuries, either. There were two other teens in the other car. No one from their car requested medical assistance at least at the scene.

Anyway...the crazy thing is wrapping my head around the fact that we only had that minivan for a week and got into an accident. We've owned our 2-door Cavalier for 7 years with no incidences! It's just weird how these things happen. But, I thank God it wasn't worse than it was. I mean I think the minivan is a total loss; we're waiting to see what the adjuster comes back with. There was just too much damage.

{FYI...If you don't know what to do if you're in a major accident, check out "My Motor/Vehicle Road Accident Ebook": Click Here!.}
 
At least the boys are so young that they probably both won't remember it...or at least Tyler won't....Evan has been asking questions like "What happened to the minivan?" or "Where was Grandma (when she had to stay in the hospital)?" He's stopped asking anymore questions now that it's been over a week. I'm just hoping it will become a distant memory for him.

I do have to say I'm very impressed with how safe that the minivan kept us from major injuries. I couldn't imagine if that accident would have happened if we were in the Cavalier, instead. I think we're going to look for a similar minivan, if possible, for a replacement vehicle. We shall see what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment