Sunday, March 21, 2010

France: January 21, 2002

Bonsoir! Wow...I really had problems sleeping last night. And, apparently, Dominique had the same problem when I told him I did. Weird. I got up around 10 a.m. (yeah...early for me!). I do have a little cough. I hope it goes away quickly! I went to the International Office today. Madame Kilani found out for me that I can take courses at Amiens Sup de Co as well as Jules Verne. So, I guess I'll just get the list of courses and a student I.D. card from Penny at Sup de Co tomorrow. Apparently, Therese is having a heck of a time finding lodging for all the international students. I'm glad I have something pretty much set when it comes to that. Oh, and I discovered that I can't receive the rest of my stipend for January because it was for lodging and my lodging was free for this month. Therese invited me to join the Tulsa students and her tomorrow at 5:30 p.m. I don't know if it's for some sort of dinner or not. I think she mentioned that their families will be there also (French families that is). Therese is going to meet with all the ISEP students on Friday at 10 a.m. to talk about course schedules. And, I saw Leonnore in the office, too. She invited me to go with her and some other students to a concert at the Squale Cafe in the St. Leu Quarter near the cathedral at 9 p.m. She said we can meet in front of the cathedral to make it easier for everyone to go together. She told me I can bring friends too if I know of anyone who would like to come. Maybe I'll ask Beatrice and Carine if they want to go, too. Maybe I should ask my future roommates, Marie-Laure et Noemie, if they'd like to go as well. I haven't talked to them since I looked at the apartment! I used the computer lab at Sup de Co today; it's much easier to use than the computers in the International Office because there are computers actually available. I sent out a lot of e-mails today. Dr. Donato e-mailed  me back. She said they don't have classes today at Clarion because it's Martin Luther King, Jr. Day there. She also said they got lots of snow...like 4 inches or so. I think I actually miss snow! They don't get snow here. It's usually just cold and humid. She also gave me the same advice as DeeAnn; "Avoid Americans if you want your French to improve!" I haven't been doing too bad, except Dominique speaks English with me a lot at the apartment, although we do switch to French once in a while. So, it will definitely help me when I move in with those French students. My friend, Jen Klunk, from Intervarsity Christian Fellowship made me happy by sending me via e-mail a picture of her and me and a picture of Michelle, Adri and Laura from IV.

No comments:

Post a Comment