|Easy Pumpkin Pie!|
Yes...I made this pumpkin pie! Marvel at my recipe following abilities...
Ok...I can't take all of the credit, though. My five-year-old son, Evan, came up with the idea (which is why we're making pumpkin pie during berry pie season...but I digress). We had all of the ingredients on hand; so, I had no excuse but to try.
Here's the recipe for "Libby's Easy Pumpkin Pie" for one 9" pie (Makes 8 servings):
For the Crust:
- Flour for the surface where you will be rolling out the dough
For the Filling:
- Jiffy Pie Crust Mix (half package) - make according to instructions
- 1 can (30 oz.) LIBBY'S Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) Nestle CARNATION Evaporated Milk
- 2 Large Eggs, beaten
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell (see "For the Crust" above or "cheat" by buying a pre-made shell at the store)
POUR into pie shell.
BAKE in preheated 425 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees; bake 50 - 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean (or until it no longer looks "gooey" in the middle...I had to put mine on for 15 minutes longer than they said). Cool on wire rack (or the top of your stove like NORMAL people do) for 2 hours (or more like 1 hour since your kids will be BEGGING you to cut into it by that time). Serve immediately (duh!) or refrigerate (Buwahahaha...yeah...like it will even MAKE IT to the fridge...pfff).
ADD whipped topping.