Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Use it or Lose it: That is the question!

My family is currently going through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University workshop through a local church. And, if you know anything about Dave Ramsey, you know that he promotes a debt-free lifestyle. The 2nd Baby Step is the "Debt Snowball". So, in an effort to get that snowball rolling faster, I am evaluating some of our expenses. One of those expenses is the gym membership which I barely use but think that I will someday. It's a tough one for me to decide...Should I get rid of the membership since I barely use it? But, when I do "try" to get exercise I usually do so through the gym. My best weight-loss efforts have been through using the gym instead of "home" or "walking outdoors" methods. You see I am a fair weather person who lives in Pittsburgh...one of the LEAST "fair weather" places to live. LOL! What are your thoughts on this? Should I cut my losses on the gym membership? Or keep it (and actually use it) so that I can save my health? What's your take?

No comments:

Post a Comment